Traveling with Pets
Tweed New Haven Airport welcomes its many guests, including pets and service animals. To ensure a smooth travel experience, passengers traveling with pets and service animals are encouraged to review the information below.
- Only service animals are allowed in the terminal without a kennel.
- All other pets are required to remain in their kennel when in the terminal.
- Passengers should contact their airlines for specific policies and fares for transporting pets in cargo or for traveling with a pet or service animal.
- Passengers should contact TSA for information on security screening for a pet or service animal. Learn more.
- NEW: The U.S. Department of Transportation has issued a new rule on traveling by air with service animals. Learn more.
- Service animals are allowed throughout the entire airport.
- Pets are allowed throughout the entire Airport, however, they must remain in their kennel at all times.
- For the health and safety of the pet, it is advisable to discuss travel plans with a veterinarian.
Pet Relief Area
- Outdoor relief area is located outside the Departures Terminal Front Entrance.
- Passengers are encouraged to allow their furry friends and service animals to use the relief area prior to their scheduled flight.
- Disposable bags and a trash can are available.